Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sara, sara...
I have two grandma's still alive and well. They both have a song they always sang and will forever be "their" song in my head. For whatever reason both popped into my brain this morning. The other song is "oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I've got a beautiful feeling everythings going my way."
These songs remind me of a simpler time in my life, of being a child and innocent to the garbage that this world tosses around. A time when I was allowed to be vulnerable and just plan me. Oh the freedom of being a child! (And then don't we strive most of our adult life to get back what somehow got lost!)
ANYWAY. That all was bonus. My point in this post was just to release myself from the commotion in my head! Chad and I are such planners and the process to which we have been called doesn't allow much room for planning. I guess that is why a lot of the type A in me has fizzled. I long to have a "finality" in our family. Wondering what that actually feels like or if its something the Lord will ever want for us. Because that is the ultimate desire- to have what HE has in store.
So I am reminded of the off key versions (yes, I am 0 for 2 when it comes to beautiful-well in the worlds eyes-singing voices from the grandmas) of the two songs that really simplify what we are called to do. See the beautiful day, embrace that the Lord has us in mind with the way things go and to seize the day, stop worrying about what tomorrow brings.
que sara, sara...
No comments:
Post a Comment