Monday, June 25, 2012

Series of events

The past two weeks has been a doosey. First kids camp was cancelled because of the huge fires in New Mexico. We all were so bummed, we LOVE kids camp! This meant Chad had to find some community service for the week or go back to work. His work is AWESOME and gives you a week if you are serving, with the stipulation you use a vacation week following. This meant 2 weeks off with Chad!

On Monday my moms mom passed away. She and I had a rocky relationship but I rejoice knowing she is in heaven and free from all of her junk she tried releasing so many times.

We challenged ourselves to no eating out for 3 weeks to save the cash for NRH20- a fav water park of ours. I was counting on kids camp being one of those weeks to give me a break from cooking. But we made it nontheless and we got to go play in the sun.

We had some simple at home days in between the series of events that were much needed for the 4 of us to be together. Chad took Kade to play lazer tag and JD to shoot guns. One on one time was great!

Our last planned activity was floating the river with our friends that are now in Del Rio. The river we normally go to ends up being almost exactly half way between us. These friends feel like family. I never worry what we are going to talk about, the silence doesn't make me nervous. They love our boys like they are their family- tossing them and playing with them. When we got ready to leave my heart ached. A few people have shown me a touch of God in the flesh, Bean is one of these people. I've had grace extended, unconditional love poured out, and not just acceptance but more that I am delighted in by her. I cherish that despite its imperfections the Lord has blessed me with a friendship like this!

We ended our 2 weeks off with some AFV (the boys make it even funnier) and haircuts. Chad is back at work busy playing catch up but it was time-he's bad on our grocery budget ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment