Friday, October 4, 2013

Rescued

rescue: to set free, to bring out of danger, deliver, to liberate

This morning my dad reminded me of something Kade said a few years ago:


"I lived on a farm when nobody wanted me. Then Keri and Chad wanted me."


*gulp*



Let that sink in...



I was scrubbing tile in my bathroom when I got the text. And it just kept swirling around in my head. What my struggle in life has been is about my rescue. I couldn't acknowledge my rescuer. I was stuck on the" living on a farm and nobody wanted me" statement.  I remained in an orphan state.

I also thought about how Kade and JD want me. THEY set me free. I was confined in infertility and a mother only in spirit.  JD and Kade delivered me into fleshly motherhood., swept in and created a heart so full! And as they began to walk in their new heritage I learned of my heavenly inheritance. As Ive watched them morph into mini Chad and Keri's I see how walking confidently OUT of my orphan spirit and INTO my new adopted heritage morphs me into mini Jesus.  

I have been set free, brought out of danger, delivered, liberated...

My boys gave me courage to be adopted.


1 comment: