Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Big words, little people

Chad and I aren't ones to use extravagant words (me more so than Chad), but we don't alter our vocabulary for our children. When JD went through the "why" stage when appropriate we would answer "that question is not applicable." So when we decided it was time to give the boys daily items that were to be done we called them chores. Chad and I sat them down and explained that they would have responsibilities every day and if they met them they would receive an honest living ($1/week). We also advised the boys that we would remind them for about 2 weeks but they were in charge of handling their duties after that (it sounds harsh, but we knew on our end there would need to be tons of grace because they are only 3 & 4!).

Last week I reminded Kade do to his chores. As I peeked down the hall I saw Kade wondering around in the hallway looking up. I said "whatcha doing tater?" (as in tater tot). Kade's reply "looking for chores monny."

Adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment