Well, I've done it. I never said never. I said I was burnt out. I said I'd never do it again alone.
What I didn't expect was to hear 3 separate people at separate times on the same day say they'd do it with me.
Yep, I'm going to be running my second 1/2 marathon this fall.
I learned so much from my first 1/2. I learned:
I am an athlete (Chad is still trying to convince me of this).
I can commit and follow through.
Training too far out means peeking too soon.
13.1 feels good to have under your belt.
I have such a supportive husband!
I have great friends in Mike and Aimee for cheering me on and missing sleep just for me!
Getting the right shoes can save a ton of injuries.
Proper training means coming home with little to no pain.
13.1 causes the runs. (is that why they are called that???)
I stop hearing God or thinking for that matter after mile 5.
Mile 5 may always be my wall.
oh yay! i'm excited for you. so how long is proper training?
ReplyDeletePending your current level of activity, 3 months out.
ReplyDeletego keri go! i wish i had the drive to run something like that...your awesome:)
ReplyDelete