Monday, May 4, 2009

Hello Mudda Hello Fadda, here I am at Camp Granada

A few months ago one of our life group girls had a great idea: to go camping! To my surprise (and delight) everyone got on board enthusiastically! All but one couple was able to go (boo). We decided it best to break in the 'newbies' by starting out at a state park- running water has a way of comforting others. So the destination was Possum Kingdom. I personally was a little nervous about showing off the prettier lakes in Texas. 1/2 of our lifegroup is Air Force and have lived in places like Indiana, Alaska, Florida. No pressure!

Friday the group decided that we were all in despite the forecast showing rain probable. We would meet up around lunch on Saturday and stay through lunch on Sunday. Kinda ironic that a lifegroup formed from church skipped church. But God was there enjoying the bonding, I just know it!

Rain did occur- soaked us all shortly after getting our tents up (well most of our tents were up). But the remainder of the weekend was beautiful. Mid to lower 60's. The evening temps stayed around there also which made sleeping just right! We played the classic chubby bunny only we did not have the tiny marshmallows. A shout out to Amanda who managed 10 of those suckers into her mouth!!! (I only got 4).

The kids had a blast getting to have some freedom in running around, peeing outside, and just getting dirty! Of course s'mores and loose eyes on their food intake helped! No fish were caught but my boys held their first fishing rods. 2 people even (foolishly if you ask me-haha) swam. Of course I'm told that we Texan's are wimps when it comes to water tempature. I think its you Northerners that might be a little crazy!!!

Pictures are on my flikr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9118034@N07/

No comments:

Post a Comment