Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bedroom update

I'm known to be practical when it comes to decor (or at least I would say I am). Always thinking long term- which usually means solids and nuetral colors. Over the last year or so I've begun to add the colors of my heart in our rooms. Kade's room is bright orange, JD's fiddlehead fern (bright green), Ted with the bright yellow. The latest update is our bedroom. It's still in need of new lampshades and a few more touches but here is the nearly complete space.

In addition to being practical, I am ridiculous goal oriented and efficient. We primed Saturday night (after promising to have a lazy weekend) and after being woke Sunday morning by a kid at 6 am we got up to start painting. We got it all done before church. Chad did it with a smile MOST of the time!

Oh, and I've been through 2 quilts. This one we already had (saves $). After searching for a quilt to do this update for the last few months I found one I loved but even after washing it it was ITCHY, can't live with that! So we will still be using the practical brown but I think I achieved some brightness with the painting I knocked out yesterday! ENJOY.





No comments:

Post a Comment