Monday, July 27, 2009

I can see clearly now the rain is gone!

Day two of our get away proved better. While Chad went to his conference I found a park to run in. While there I was able to get some good info from a mature local. Taking her advice I went to Manitou- a quaint little town with lots of fun shops to browse. I ate breakfast on the patio as I read then checked out the plethora of shops. I found some great goodies (mini coffee cups for the boys, the traditional shot glass, a t shirt for Chad, a thank you present for my dad and his wife, and a cute skirt for myself). I even tried a little fudge.

I still had some time to spare so I stopped at a local park. The parks there look MUCH different. This was not one flat circle around mesquite trees and prairie dogs. I took a few trails and saw ponds, greenery of all types, and mountains. It was a beautiful time. One I wished I'd had Chad and a mountain bike to make a day out of it!!!

After lunch Chad and I took the cog up to Pike's Peak. The trip was pleasant. We met some nice friends on the ride, tried the "recipe only available at 14,000 feet" donut, and enjoyed seeing animals that don't grow in Texas! We ended the day with a walk around the Broadmoor's lake, a few drinks, and a several course meal served to us by a delightful woman!

Meanwhile, after a day visiting their great grandma the boys were persuading their grandad into eating Mickey Donalds where JD ordered a salad.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud about JD ordering a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So excited I found your blog! Glad to see you two are doing so great. Your boys are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete