Okay, I am not really going to post 100 things, I just thought it fitting with the 3 digit weather we've been having. This summer seems to be creeping by at a ridiculous pace. I know that may not make any sense but the long days seem forever sometimes as I get creative to keep the boys engaged and active but in the same breath I can't believe we've made it past mid July.
We've been able to make a few more trips to the South Llano river. Its been a fun (and cheap) pass time for the family. The boys get to swim and try to catch the turtles and fish they see while mom and dad get to lay on a giant tube and float in the cool water. It is a nice mix of lazy and activity! Not to mention its close enough for a day trip and we've found a very delicious resteraunt that offers wonderful burgers. (WARNING:they may not be good unless you've spent hours in the sun keeping up with preschoolers)
Chad has completed 2 of the 3 tri's he has signed up for. The man is getting up in the 4's to get his training in as to not take away time from the family. Sweet or crazy- either way I love him still!
The boys are LOVING the bikes we got them for their adoption b-day. Speaking of b-days Kade will be 4 in just three short weeks. For less than a month we will have two 4 year olds then it will be JD's turn to turn FIVE!!!
We had a low key month of July until this past Thursday- that began the trickle of events. Chad and I had a grown up party to go to, then I left Chad for a women's retreat to manage the boys alone (which he did wonderfully) where God allowed me to share a part of my story with a group of 80 women. Next up we leave for Odessa to deliver the boys to my dad to watch while I attend a conference with Chad in Colorado Springs for 3 days/2 nights. This will be the first time to leave the boys which is exciting and scary! And the last "event" of the month is my ---gulp--- 10 year high school reunion Saturday. How did that happen!?!?!
So that's us up to date- catch y'all on the flip side!
No comments:
Post a Comment