Monday, July 27, 2009

Anyone can just take reservations...

This past week Chad and I had an awesome opportunity to sneak away for a few days in Colorado while my dad watched the boys. This trip held several "firsts." First time to leave the boys for more than 12 hours, first time for my dad to watch the boys, first time for Chad and I to fly together (I'd only flown once on a band trip in high school). We'd also never been to Colorado together, up Pike's Peak, and I saw my first Lotus.

Our trip started off rainy- yes RAIN in Odessa! The boys were anxious for us to leave all morning asking "when are y'all going away?" Its like that sensed when mommy and daddy left they'd be allowed a free for all! We gave our hugs and kisses and went to check in at the Midland airport. The flight to Dallas and then on to Denver were painless and I thought I could get used to this form of transportation that is until Chad and I found ourselves in a Seinfeld episode that I couldn't stand to watch much less live through!

We showed up about 15 minutes after our 4 o'clock reservation at our car rental place. The plan had been to fly to Denver then drive down to Colorado Springs just in time to clean up and make the 7:30 dinner. Unbeknownst to us EZ Rental only holds car reservations for an hour after the reserved pick up time. They nicely however put us on a waiting list rather than cancel. We made efforts to call the other car rental spots in town but they were all booked up. Rather than go back to the airport as the 2 other people on the waiting list before us had done I thought we should sit and wait. As it were more probable to get a car if they were starring at us. After watching a dozen people pick up their car and 6 people turned away because they were an hour late we found out that EZ Rental was overbooked allowing everything to make more sense! We were told WE were the ones with a problem after a man complained that this was poor business....

I could give you ALL the illogical details but I will spare you because personally I don't wanta relive it! I am certain these people thought they could out stubborn us, but Chad and I are a lethal combination when it comes to will... Chad and I decided to make the most of it and laugh about this. We now have a Denver story---it took us 3 hours to get a car.


No comments:

Post a Comment