I am not sure if I promised myself as a kid I would "never" say those parental cliches so I don't know if I'm going against what I swore I'd never do. I am sure they annoyed me especially being the mature mini grown up that I was . But, I want to confess here and now that as a parent I LOVE them. (Well, I probably love that I have the authority to use them if I were being completely honest)
Here are my most common and what is in my head while using them:
"because I am the mom and I say so"- I sometimes have to stop the crazy circular conversations that comes naturally with a 4 and 5 year old, and this is one way I do. I admit that this is mostly a cop out, but sometimes you do what ya gotta...
"use your words"- because one more ounce of whining might send me through the roof!
"make good choices"-to remind them they have options, ownership, and responsibility
"would you want them to do that to you???" - aka: your brother has a stronger arm than you and someday he will get agitated enough to use it and you will regret this!
"stop it!" - whatever it is, stop, stop it right now!
"we don't pick our nose"- self explanatory
"say excuse me"- yes, I know you think tooting is hilarious but please show some decency!
Oh my goodness! I have a feeling you are not the only mother Keri! Btw...it is Elyse, Kade's EC teacher from HSU.
ReplyDelete~Elyse