One of the absolutely hardest things for me is to teach the kids new things. I am grateful for teachers of the world. I am a great aid, I can coach them along once something is learned but teaching a new task is a major challenge for this mom!
This morning we are having a quiet morning at home. Coffee, play time, laundry. Its a still morning. Days like these I will pull out a new game or toy that has been stashed from a birthday party, Christmas, or a random Grandad gift. Don't worry people, I'm not taking these things away, merely sneaking them to the closet while the kids are distracted with crisp dollar bills or batman toys! So today I pulled out the Dora checkers Chad and I got the boys for Christmas (maybe 2 Christmas' ago!-opps!). We've had fun but due to either my teaching or their learning the game has be modified. Kade seems to be a natural and picks up quickly. JD is cracking up because any time he learns something new its hilarious. Knowledge is comical to him. Its actually a wonderful thing to experience...
I digress. The point in this post is its so amazing to watch them encourage each other to jump their own man. They have no true concept of winning or losing. As we played I asked the Lord to keep that in them. That there is no winning or losing, but their value and confidence come from Jesus alone. That they have so much of HIM that its not a threat to cheer others on to excel past them.
No comments:
Post a Comment