Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Kid brother, kid brother- wherever I go he goes.

Not only are my boys close in age- they are tight. Sure, they have their brotherly arguments but they are best buds and honestly I pray they stay that way. Thanks to my brothers temperament and coping skills on how to handle a crazy sister we've always been close and I pray that JD and Kade's lives will remain intertwined through and even after school/jobs/marrying.

Despite their closeness this week we took a major step. We divided the boys and they had separate play dates. This sounds kinda crazy to some of you- seeing as they are 4 and 5. But it seems that most everyone sees them as a pair and so the opportunity hadn't really presented itself and despite what my kids think it is not socially acceptable to invite yourself(what a silly rule we teach the kids as adults. I mean if someone likes me I'd love to be pursuit and have them politely barge into my life- I am kinda a personality that needs that directness--- okay, this is not the point of the blog--- FOCUS....).

ANYWAY, not only did they feel like such big boys, momma felt all grown up herself to have kids old enough to be trusted for several hours alone at another persons house. They've always had each other to help keep themselves in line.

Overall, I'd say it was a success. Kade had a friend come over here and is still trying to figure out his role in friendships without JD. The first half was awesome. He needs more practice but he'll get there! JD seemed to have a BLAST. And mommy? I just can't believe I have a set of boys that are nearly 5 and 6- how did that happen?!?!

1 comment:

  1. i love to hear you talk about their friendship. it makes me so hopeful for our days ahead. i've actually been watching it develop more and more in the last several months. so it excites me to read about Kade and JD's friendship!

    ReplyDelete