After trying out kids camp last year during Chad's sabbatical we were hooked! And thanks to the new lay out of time off Chad was able to make it work this year!
I'm still at a loss as to where to start with our week. I will tell you that we have a REAL enemy. Satan does not want us to engage in more of Christ. He wants us to stay in bondage. Stomach bugs, guilt from having one-er two- of the sick kids, priority conflicts, a hot water leak, and many other things were thrown at us to keep us from engaging. But thanks to Gods strength we persevered!
Chad was used to lead a kid to Christ! JD spent an entire hour during rest time reading his bible. The boys learned an awesome magic trick. The jr counselors that went fell in love with our boys--- they will be fighting the ladies off in years to come! My heart melted with the growth of the girls I had last year, and I completely fell in love with my newbies.
Chunking 10 year old girls across the room is MUCH harder than my boys! Zip lining, widdle waddle (a gigantic see saw that all 24 of us girls could fit on, and the counselors found more entertaining than the kids), stinky feet, giggles, and worship.
Terrible camp food, beautiful mornings in the mountains, secrets shared, friendships made. Getting to be Chad's "camp girlfriend." Surprising a 19 year old camp worker, rightfully named Gigantor, when finding out Chad and I are 30. Seeing God given compassion leak out of me while caring for a girl throwing up on our bus.
Having the best jr counselor EVER, being the smartest bear ever in the bearhunt, being beaten in a foot race by a 9 year old, experiencing prayer miles away, and confirming a friends God given name.
Just to name a few...
No comments:
Post a Comment