Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Watch-a-lay

Girls trip started with a 5 a.m. 5 mile run. I can't say that I'm typically up on current events but that morning I couldn't peel my eyes off the Colorado tragedy. I usually hope for a good tv show to distract a treadmill run, but this was too much. I sensed such darkness even through the screen...

Thankfully things lightened up. Shopping, snacking, and too many potty breaks.

I could tell you about the girls, the funny moments, and I might do so soon. However, I have to talk about THE appointment all EIGHT of us had with satans handy work. It started Saturday night with prayer over an aching heart. Later we spoke about spiritual battles. It seemed like a normal discussion until...

Sunday morning after several girls learned they shared the same haunting dream, someone had a visual of a dead girl, and though we scoped out the guest book we didn't see until that morning that Friday the 13th had been filmed there. So many pieces of the puzzle over the weekend fit together after this knowledge.

We could have screamed and been totally fearful. But not this group of girls. We had CHURCH! The house was anointed with oil (a few spots definitely felt darker), doors were open and ushered out the evil, and we sang praises and took authority over the place IN THE NAME OF JESUS.

Now THAT is a girls weekend!

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! You couldn't have said it any better friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck ya! I fully support these kind of weekends!

    -Chad

    ReplyDelete