Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thick headed

This morning I am thick headed- in the since that my mind is swarming with thoughts. Thoughts of gratitude, nostalgia, prayers, and to-do's (because I'm a mom). In advance I apologize for the scattered post, so if you prefer things to be neat, tidy, and packaged well skip this read.

This morning I was thinking about how I used to put my friendship hopes in finding that ONE best friend. The one that would be like a sister. A few years ago while doing a book study (Friendship for Grownups by Lisa Whelchel) God opened my eyes that I really could use a COMMUNITY of girlfriends and He graciously threw me into female relationship after female relationship. I survey my friends and think 1) why do they like me? 2) how did I get here? 3) who cares, they like me and I'm so blessed!!!!

I really like morning radio talk- where the dj's just gab about nothing. This morning they suggested getting a young teenage girl perfume, that its kind of a right of passage. I remember my first perfume. Like one that cost more than the $3 bottle of Baby Soft. It was Sunflower. Without even having it near me I can smell it. It reminds me of jr high crushes, certain girlfriends, carefree days, and a heap of emotions.

I catch myself often wondering how life gets away from us all so fast. I have these glimpses where Chad and I are newly married. Some days I ache for the boys to be 2 & 3, with a simple day at home and nowhere to be. Other days I want to be in 5th grade riding my bike everywhere before the cluster of future events would cloud my world.

But here I am, stuck in today. And today will some day be a yesterday I'll long for. So I work at keeping my perspective enjoying the sweetness that is NOW.

2 comments:

  1. correction, I don't just like you, I love you!! And I love the randomness of this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and today will some day be a yesterday i'll long for...my favorite! thanks for perspective!

    ReplyDelete