Monday, May 26, 2014

lucky 13

I had no idea what Chad and I's covenant would mean by year thirteen. I had no idea how we would grow. The shift from our fleshly natural ways of doing marriage (I plow ahead and lead and he lives by "if momma ain't happy..."). That we would still have our wiener dog we got 5 months into marriage. That we would be in Abilene. The major differences in our parents situations...

I couldn't imagine how free we would be. How praying with Chad for him to be the head of the home and I the heart would be glorious (and hard)!  

As we picked up the kids from school and strolled hand in hand to a store all this flashed in my mind. When I said "I do" I didn't understand that our obedience also meant family for two sweet boys. I've always felt they were my gift. But that moment caught my breath as I heard father God saying "your obedience and hard work blesses them."

Whoa 

Humbled. Giddy. Literally skipped a step. 

**Our marriages aren't just self serving.**

I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever;with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.

I will declare that your love stands firm forever,that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself.

You said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one,I have sworn to David my servant,

‘I will establish your line foreverand make your throne firm through all generations.’”

Psalm 89:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment