Monday, March 16, 2015

J-O-Y part 1

I am not sure where to begin on the new dream we have been called to... For the past 2-3 years every few months either Chad or myself would get the itch to move. One time, years back, we contacted our realtor that we've always used but we didn't follow through. We would talk ourselves down because we were so close to paying off the house we were in, it had plenty of space, it met our needs...And where would we go anyway? I was so anti Wylie based on some people I knew a decade ago....

About 2 months ago I was on a walk (something I do regularly to beat all my fitbit friends in steps!) and the Lord started talking to me about wylie opinions. One bad seed based on my 23 year old selfs judgement was winning against a 100 great people and friends I knew IN Wylie. He was gentle and we had several discussions that included my repentance for partnering with judgement. 

About 2 weeks after most of that was sealed and cleaned up, the mood to move struck me. It's usually Chad that has wanted to move. I had resolved to be content and would not unlock that bolt. But that Sunday something happened and the next thing I knew we were going to look at a house to completely rule it out. In all of our realtor.com binges we had never actually ASKED to go see a home. 

With that look we discovered our practical side had been suffocating the dreaming part inside of us. Chad and I both really struggle being dreamers. The Lord began in his gentle manner speaking to our hearts about dreaming. Suddenly Chad and I had so much to talk about and look forward too! 

That's where I will end round one of the great house swap of 2015!  

No comments:

Post a Comment