It is the week that holds the wonderful fake holiday that gives us a reason to dote on one another, and while you are basked in that ooyie gooyie love haze, I am going to have a talking to with all my ladies. And I am getting right to the point (please remember how pretty I think you are!):
Its NOT all about YOU.
No, I'm not just talking about Valentines, although let me be the first to raise my hand and lower my head in shame while whispering "guilty"....
I'm talking about marriage, life, the need to constantly be wooed by our men. That dear ones, THAT, is for Jesus. We (aka: YOU & ME) must learn to run to the Lord for that fulfillment. I have had to apologize to Chad over the years for expecting and hoping from him things only my creator can give.
Next, in this "talkin to" is the hot topic of dates. When did it become the males job to keep the dating game alive? Sure, they should lead us. Should they continue in pursuit? Absolutely! But where did we get the idea that we are more worn out than them? I mean can you imagine trying to figure US out!?! Yesterday I ate almonds, and today I've sworn them off because EW. Lets consider getting over ourselves on occasion and taking THEM out on a date. I have gone to the gun range, played(ish) golf, and multiple other things that I wouldn't put first (or 5th) on my wish list. Sometimes we need to lead out in showing interest in out homeboys likes. We must stop expecting from others things we are unwilling to do for them.
*Remember how I said you are pretty---kissy face*
Lastly girls, we need to aid in the protection of our covenant with our man. Don't ask questions like "which of my girlfriends is the prettiest" (HUSBANDS THIS IS A TRICK, DO NOT FALL FOR IT!). Stop using GNO's to bash the man you agreed to spend your life with-friends don't let friends bash. If the novels, tv shows, or movies you are exposing yourself to set you up to daydream that those fairytales will become a reality then you need to STOP. Stop infiltrating your mind with fake ideas of love and romance- its only fueling your heart to move away from your man.
I wish I could sit with each of you as you read this, because I assume it will slap a few of you in the face. I would hold your hand and tell you "there is so much grace." I am praying you use this as a gear shift to propel you toward Jesus and your spouse.
PS: you are pretty
No comments:
Post a Comment