Thursday, March 2, 2017

POWER

When I trained for my full marathons I began blessing my body before my long runs. From head to toe I would thank each part for functioning with strength and endurance. The times I would forget to do this, I would start feeling my body get mad at me!

Words have power.

My friend did an experiment where she bought two of the exact same plants. She began speaking words that bring life to one (you are good, you bring joy...) and the other she spoke words that bring death (you are stupid, worthless). After some time doing this, the plants took on what was spoken over them.

Words have power.

When it comes to marriage, what we speak OUTSIDE of our marriage can change the entire relationship. When I spoke blessing over my body I wasn't IN the act of running- I was preparing. How are you preparing your marriage for the very best?

Chad is my best friend. I speak that bond into life when I partner with those words. It shifts my heart to be FOR him. When I get the chance to tell someone about Chad, I focus on sharing my favorite things about him. Because....

Words have power.

Those words lace themselves in my heart and help me see who he really is when we are in the trenches and my flesh wants to fling mud at the guy. And by mud, I mean nasty death words.

The question I keep hearing Jesus want me to ask you is: what words are you speaking over your spouse? Zoom out. Do you see what it's harvesting? Because everything we sow WILL bring a harvest. Jesus is just kind enough to give us a say in WHAT we harvest. And by his grace, we also get to CHANGE what we harvest.

“Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16:24‬

Words have power.

It's time to use them for the kingdom.


***(Bonus: I have amazing girlfriends. But God's design wasn't for them to be your best friend. God created Adam a spouse. Time to make a shift!)

No comments:

Post a Comment