Monday, March 27, 2017

Snap, crackle, pop

It seems like attacks in my world come in waves...

Several years ago there was a rush of babies going to heaven way too soon. This sorrow lead many to rally on our knees and plead for the mercy and protection of Father God to order an immediate cease and desist!

The wave swarming us currently seems to be a tsunami coming for marriage. This isn't a new attack from the uncreative snarky enemy, however, this giant wave seems to be coming for couples on their way to being married or married for a short time.

As I find myself pressing into this tsunami, as I push bag the smoke and mirrors, I see this is more of an attack on identity.

WE MUST KNOW WHO WE ARE IN HIM.

If you don't have that established identity in Jesus you will easily be rattled into marrying someone that isn't your best, you will settle for how you are treated, you will be easily manipulated into their excuses for their behavior.

You tell yourself "marriage will fix it!" (whatever your "it" is) but marriage takes a giant highlighter and in neon color brings attention to the gut wrenching ugly inside of us.

I see shame keeping people in relationships that aren't bringing life. I see engaged couples wearing blinders to what they are headed toward. I see covenant being treated as a fix all.

snap.... crackle.... pop......

Its time for us to wake up! It is time for us 'old timer's to take back newlywed years for younger generations (when its supposed to be fun and naked time!). Its time for us to not just fight for the double digit marriages. Its time for us to nose our way into the youngers, expose the truth, fight for them! And for those in these situations its time to take the blinders off, its time to ask Jesus for truth vision, its time to ground your identity and standards in our creator!

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he will always be there to help you come through it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment