Chad and I's prayer over the last year has been that he be the head of our home while I be the heart. It is so easy for me to take over as the driver and him to take the backseat of a passive rider. But we don't believe this is biblical so we are in the fight to change the fleshly natural...
I say all this to share that as this prayer takes root, my heart is growing and this "compassion" thing feels very unnatural-like one of the stretches I do in my pilates class. It brings a heavy heart that I have to continue to hand over to the Lord. 2 weeks ago close friends asking for prayer over some major life stuff weighted my heart. Today, it was an acquaintance I learned of that had most of her things (including Christmas) stolen from her very home. This just after I'd had a major catastrophe- I have nothing to wear to a party. Really put things into perspective.
But the point is that stretching is good. Stretching is what protects the body from injury. A very valuable lesson I learned physically with all of my running. So why wouldn't it apply to our spiritual walk.
Have you done your stretches today?
and 1....
and 2....
and a three...
No comments:
Post a Comment