Saturday, December 26, 2009

God answers a 5 year olds prayer

You know God delights in answering our prayers even if they are far fetched. JD has been saying for weeks that he "told Jesus to let it snow on Christmas." I quickly advised him we might not should "tell" Jesus what to do. Regardless, I like to think of God up in Heaven smiling as He knew what was coming. It began Wednesday night. Chad and I heard the winds before we went to bed. When we woke up Christmas eve there was a THICK- especially for west Texas- blanket of snow and more coming. They were even calling it blizzard conditions having to turn people off of I20. After 2 days of short outside play trips we discovered that JD more so likes the hot cocoa that follows. Any way you slice it though, I pray this simple prayer answered increases JD's faith!

Because of the snow the Christmas Eve services were canceled. This is a tradition I very much look forward to and was bummed but we made due.

With the boys and Truman bathed and in bed Chad and I watched Its a Wonderful Life while we helped Santa set up toys.

This Christmas we really tried to pace ourselves and let the boys really scope out the toy, play with it, and then move to the next opening. I think we were able to stretch it all out for about 90 minutes... Among the favorites is the batman cave, operation game, and the gi joe and power ranger dress ups. I was a little bummed to see Chad had not gotten me the thigh master I requested, but it was probably a smart move on his part! We watched Polar Express, made our ginger bread house, called and sang to the grandparents, and stayed in our jammies in a messy house all day. We concluded the day with Sonic (so glad something was open) and a drive to check out Christmas lights. I am so grateful for a family to share this with!

1 comment:

  1. We were happy to see snow too! Josh's parents got stuck on i20 on christmas eve...but made it on christmas day! cant wait to see everyone at small group again:)

    ReplyDelete