Monday, December 14, 2009

Skate, skate,skate, skate, skating machine. Watch us get down...

Saturday we took the boys to try out skating. This is something Chad and I both really enjoyed as kids. For 2 years straight (5th and 6th grade) I dug through the couch looking for $3.25 so that I could join all my friends at the skating rink. It was always a blast. There is something about the wind in my hair and the thump of the bass that has never left me. The boys caught on quickly- JD was trying to use logic to learn the skill while Kade let his legs naturally go. We even got to do the hokey pokey! The best was when they dropped the lights and put on the disco ball. The boys had a blast chasing images on the ground. Kade began to tire so he sat out on the wall (no worries we were close by). As he was resting (possibly pouting b/c he was exhausted) a little girl around 7 or 8 talked to him and held her hand out so he could join her. He LOVES making new friends and smiled the entire two laps they took together! There are little things in life that make my heart swell up. I found myself raising my hand to our Lord in gratitude with tears in my eyes for creating this little family for me as Kade time and time again reached for my hand. He is GOOD in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment