Thursday, November 4, 2010

Muffins for Mom


This is my last one of these through preschool. It is hard to believe. I guess this should kind of make me sad but it doesn't. For me to see chapters closing reminds me of where we've been. I love the natural flow of the next step when it comes to our kids. I praise the Lord when I see that they are making the appropriate strides in maturing. Because what they have come out of is PROOF that God can redeem!

These little moments bring swelling joy into my heart as I feel privileged to be a mommy. There was a time I didn't know if that would happen. I see the anguish in others for the longing and want to always be grateful.

This routine, small activity in a preschoolers life helps me reflect on our bond. Just this morning I was praying that my boys would have forgiving hearts, that they could move past hurts, to release people when they hurt them. The Lord reminded me to include their biological family in this. It seems so foreign to even type "biological". And that is what I reflect on in the midst of stepping stones. How my little men have made giant steps towards spiritual, emotional, physical, and mental health and I'm one blessed woman to get to be their cheerleader!!!

(This picture kinda looks weird I DO have a left shoulder! oh, and Kade and I decided it should be a rainbow muffin with all of the flavors!)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah right. You know this was right after your shoulder amputation. (Just before the shoulder prosthesis was in place.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I opened this post I thought - she looks so good in that photo!!! So left shoulder or not, you are lookin good my friend!

    ReplyDelete