Monday, November 29, 2010

UGH-CAMPING-THANKS-HOLLY JOLLY!

1.ugh: Has anyone else been fighting with logging on to their blog!?!?

2.Camping: After JD's alone time with daddy during his triathlon last month Kade picked camping for his daddy time. Turned out we'd have great weather for it last Tuesday (low of 60) and Chad had Wednesday off. So off they went. It sounds like their trip was a blast- including ghost stories with the flashlight under chin, smores, hikes, and sand angels!


3.This was my first year to host Thanksgiving and it was a hit if I do say so myself! We kept the tradition alive and walked as a family the Turkey Trot 5k- it was FREEZING even for this hot blooded girl!

My buttermilk pie and mac and cheese were just okay, but my millionaire pie turned out AWESOME as did all the usuals! Chad was put in charge of the turkey because he is such an awesome instruction follower, and I am not. He and Tyrone (yes, he named the turkey) got really friendly-well, really Chad violated him- and worked as a team to come through for us!





4.Holly Jolly: we spent Friday getting the house up and ready for Christmas. Lights on the house-check. Trees up-check. Presents wrapped-check. 2010 ornament picked out-check. Elf and Polar Express viewed-check.

3 comments:

  1. I love your pics of you in the kitchen...you look like a domesticated diva! Still need a sit down download session to hear all about it. Looks like it was an awesome weekend! I am so proud of you, and the table looked very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Christina, very domesticated! And I LOVE that apron! Glad it went well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks like a great time with the family... wonderful job!

    p.s. lovin' the pics!

    ReplyDelete