Sounds like a country song huh? Well, if its not already I'll see about composing something stat. But not really. I'm currently training for my first bike event- its a 32 miler in honor or the BIG 3-0. dun dun dun.... Actually I only insert the "dun dun dun" for your sake. I am really quite jazzed about saying goodbye to the awkward 20's that I've endured... Back to the country song. It is amazing what sunshine and quiet country roads do for my soul. I find myself giggling, making "vroom" noises when I turn corners, and I am so refreshed by the smell of hay.
Never, ever, in my wildest dreams would I have said 10 years ago that I'd be more adventurous as I aged. I push myself in ways I couldn't imagine. I mean for crying out loud I wouldn't do the trust fall at church camp when I was 15- nearly had a conniption fit! I also wouldn't have dreamed I'd delight so in being outdoors.
Through my first 2 weeks of training I've learned that I take the weather predictions VERY serious. If they (whoever "they" are) say it won't be windy until 11, then gosh darnit it shouldn't be.
It is guaranteed that I will see at least one minister while I'm in my spandex (I leave from our church after I drop off Kade at school).
I also discovered that I will climb some serious West Texas hills just to get to coast down them. It paid of today with about a mile coast topping 27 mph! Vroom! Vroom!
And lastly you will always. ALWAYS. feel a head wind (and I'm not sure how the weather manages it but I'm pretty sure I typically have a headwind both ways!). A tail wind works hard for you but you rarely appreciate it because you aren't fighting it. It swoops in behind you and graces you with this physical pep talk. Love you unappreciated behind the scenes tail wind.
No comments:
Post a Comment