We'd had an issue or two with JD in regards to bedtime and the last straw was using his super intelligent mind (some might say manipulative) to keep him up with our innocent childless friends who aren't as familiar with JDs tactics.
(confession:I was very much like this as a kid, a creative thinker determined to get what I want)
So as we were garage selling Saturday morning and I was asking the Lord how to deal with this (because you can't MAKE a child sleep) He supplied this idea. Chad was so thrilled!

As a child Chad wrote up contracts for his mom to sign because she kind of had a way of maybe just a little turning things around or changing her mind (like what mom hasn't done that "sure you can jump off the house, just stop talking to my while I try and poop!...oh, wait!!!"). She never signed them.
We are big on honesty and keeping your word. At age 2 and 3 Chad started telling the boys how important it is to be a man of your word, because that is all a man really has. This is very much something that JD can grasp (do you remember he learned to ride his bike without training wheels after Chad explained gravity to him!?!?!).So after this JD and I shook on it and he has taken this agreement to heart.
Thank you Lord for teaching us the BEST ways to correct and train up our boys!
this is awesome!
ReplyDeletei absolutely love this!
ReplyDeletei love watching you guys parent! you guys do it SO well! thank you for being an example!
ReplyDelete