Friday, April 15, 2011

Awesomeness

Just so you all know, I'll say this is written by Chad upfront. I don't want you thinking Keri has the big head or anything. Well, she does have a Bailey head, but that's a different post. They don't call 'em "big faced Bailey's" for nothing.


In all seriousness, Keri is a modest woman. She works her tail off and does all that she can while downplaying it as merely minimal effort on her part. She's incredibly efficient at 99% of everything she does and mostly goes unappreciated for all she does, primarily because it's behind the scene most times. Not only is Keri a full-time homemaker (which is a huge task with me and those munchkins around), she finds time to train for big events, teach multiple classes at the gym, have purposeful time with friends to grow relationships and be a rock star at our oldest son's school. She is so much the rock star that her dedication and hard work earned her two very honorable items: a lifetime PTA member award (they only give out a few of these a year in the whole district) and the esteemed honor of being Volunteer of the Year for the whole school. So, with a couple of appreciation dinners behind us we have a wonderful award displayed in our home, a certificate showing her achievement, and a picture with my gal's name on the elementary school sign out front. She was pretty embarrassed when I took it, so I couldn't muster one with her standing beside the sign like I wanted. So this one will have to do.


Thanks, my love, for being such a rock star in so many areas of your life. The things you do don't go unnoticed or under-appreciated. You are awesome and there are many of us that think so.

2 comments: