Thursday, April 21, 2011

Caught!

Today my body was itching to run. Its been some time since its craved the open air in this way. I am just coming out of my running sabbatical after my 2 half marathons in the fall and have been working to build my base back up. But today, it all just worked. It was one of those runs where everything was right, the kind of run that keeps you coming back to the sport.

I ran 7 miles, but about mile 2.5 I got caught.

You see, I am one of those that checks herself out as I pass by cars. Sometimes its to see if I left any snot on my face after I did the finger blow thing (gross, I know but its apart of running. You say bring tissue but see I sweat a lot and that tissue just becomes icky. Ickier than a few snot blows? YES). Sometimes the glance is to see my form- am I running with my back straight??? And sometimes, its just to see if I look chubby.

With shame (okay not really) , I must admit that I was frightened by two people in the car I was using to feed my vanity.

I literally jumped and heard myself over my ear buds "ah!"

And then I giggled.

No comments:

Post a Comment