Monday, July 11, 2011

Home makeover, Hoes edition

Below: Dining room before and after (befores are first with all pictures), I am in LOVE with the mocha!

Below: Living room- painted a soft creamy yellow, beams covered, recessed lighting, and 2 fans.

Below: entryway painted white to compliment the mocha in attached dining room

Something that makes these projects even more exciting for me is that outside of the paint, parts, and the labor we paid for on the beams, we had this stuff! I did spend $7 at the restore for a shelf, 3 candle sticks, a little bird, and interesting looking white decor thingy. I took all of my black frames and spray painted them white. I took my white mats and spray painted them black, well you get the idea. My fingers seem to be just now coming down from the swelling of the painting. Chad helped with the hallway, kitchen, and living room. But I pretty much did the entry and dining. Primed, cut in (which I learned I'm better at than taping), rolled everything twice, then painted the trim and doors in under 30 hours. The walls were as thirsty as I get and drank in that paint!

And now, I will be drinking coffee soaking up the fruits of our labor!

Next up covering the fireplace with stone. But we will WATCH that be done!

4 comments:

  1. looks fantastic sister! can't wait to see in person!
    lisa tickner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!! I'm glad I live in this place. :)

    -Chad

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! I'm excited to see it tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete