Thursday, July 14, 2011

Treasure

Because of the boys past we haven't had any pictures of them before they were placed in our home. Thanks to the Lord probing me I pushed some to inquire about the pictures (that we should have received) from the boys file. I was told this was pretty near impossible, but I knew (and know!) God is bigger than near impossible. We also have a great contact in the Abilene branch that is team Hoes and I know she pressed hard for this to happen. So without further adieu

JD
Kade
These pictures stir so many emotions in me. I feel like these boys were mine from the get go. In fact, its hard to believe I didn't give birth to them. So its awkward looking at these and knowing its my babies but not... My heart aches because the brightness and hope in JD and Kade's eyes are not there, which helps me praise the Lord for renewal, but disheartened for the lost years...

I would love you that had children these ages to let me know how old you think they are. Because these two pictures actually were not dated.

On a brighter side, the boys LOVED seeing themselves in the 10 pictures that were sent. They especially thought it was funny that they didn't have hair!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! Precious pictures...my guess is Kade is about 7 or 8 months old, and JD is about 18 or 19 months??? I could be totally off, but that is my guess! I can see how getting these would make you have all kinds of emotions, but what a neat little blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my best guess is JD anywhere from 10-14 months and Kade anywhere from 4 -7 months. I could be way wrong! these are so precious. sooo glad you have them!!! (the pictures AND the boys)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a treasure indeed keri! i would say kade is about 6ish months and jd 12ish months. i love reading how your heart comes out in such beautiful words keri!
    lisa tickner

    ReplyDelete
  4. These got me teary! What sweet little babies!

    ReplyDelete