Tuesday, May 15, 2012

With Jesus

As years past have told, I love Mother's Day. If you are just tuning in, 4+ years ago we adopted our boys. Before that Mother's Day was a reminder of a hearts desire yet to be filled... I wonder if I'll ever make it through this special day with dry eyes. I cry for the heartache and remember the longing. I cry for those I know and those I don't aching for a chance to share in this day. I cry with joy for the graciousness of Jesus. I also giggle a ton and my heart at times feels like it might explode with all the love swimming around in there!!!

All of this got me to thinking about the significance of Jesus.

Without Jesus, Christmas wouldn't exist, killing off hope.
Without Jesus, Easter, and my eternal as well as earthly freedom would be shot.
Without Jesus, Valentines would be a sad day. I wouldn't share in a joyous marriage with the man God chose for me.
Without Jesus, my birthday would symbolize another year of failure. No grace means legalism and that breads failure.
Without Jesus, Mother's day would be a day of mourning...

The list goes on... But the joy is that "without Jesus" isn't an option!!!! I am WITH Jesus making these days-and many others- special gifts from my Savior! SO SO SOOOOO glad I serve a Father that sacrificed so that I might have hope, grace, love, joy, fulfilled dreams!!!!

1 comment: