Monday, November 26, 2012

Brace yourself

A few weeks ago we were flipping through our 6 channels (we don't have cable) and caught a conversation from an unknown sitcom... The conversation was very interesting and got my mind spinning...

"every man wants a 1950's wife"

You know what???

I kind of agree. 

I don't think this means that today's man wants a woman to be in heels and pearls and can't be seen without makeup. What I do think is amongst the cut throat feminist movement our mothers were influenced by (as a result we and society were also), greatly diminished the value of tending our home, meeting the husband at the door, or a home cooked meal (and I am not referring to "scratch" cooking). I believe the ache seems to be that the wives of our generation are missing the mark, misplacing what is valuable.

I am a strong woman, opinionated, independent. But I am also confident enough to be submissive. That takes courage. It takes guts to practice my identity coming from the Lord over any title, pay, or for that matter how bleached my toilets are compared to yours.

What is the divorce rate again??? Maybe the pearls ain't such a bad idea after all.

1 comment: