Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Project Kitchen

Many moons ago Chad and I did some less than great tile work in our kitchen. It was an upgrade from the eye sore but it was not at all wonderful. In the process we took down a chunk of cabinets to open up the kitchen to the rest of the main living areas and that I have NEVER regretted! Because of this and a master bath project we decided we shouldn't do major home projects (actually if Chad had the time and I would stay out of it he could do a fabulous job but neither of those are plausible).  So I give you to you a series of pictures taking you through the long awaited and saved for kitchen update!

before, well actually during- I'm prepping to paint cabinets
cleaned out the drawers and found some measuring spoons new we got at a wedding shower, that my friend Magen said she could use (I am more of an eye baller)
Made use of our new faucet box
this used to be a cabinet but we had to make it into a shelf after we got a new oven b/c it was bigger than our previous oven. I covered the cardboard with some fun material
Cabinets are painted. I spray painted the knobs from silver to brown
everything is ripped up!
ahhh, completion!
a close up of the materials (counters: quartz, in bourbon; subway tiles)

After a week of wiping down and cleaning I think I am almost back to normal amounts of dust and have vanished the construction dust! I love it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I started painting my kitchen cabinets months ago... needless to say they are less than halfway finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What a transformation!! Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete