Lately I have been thinking about what a hard time people have saying no. Unlike most people, I grew up in a family where saying no was done much more frequently than saying yes. Because of this I've had to practice saying yes when those around me seem to be drowning in it.
No protects you. It can protect your family time, which slips by without asking. It can keep your priorities where they need to be. No tells satan he can't rob your joy or overstep his bounds into territory he wasn't meant to step in.
Somewhere along the way we've started believing no is rude. God said no, and continues to. He is the prime example. Just the other day He told me I couldn't have close friends without vulnerability-ouch. Did He use gentleness and speak no to me tenderly? Absolutely!
I encourage you to reflect and ask what you have been saying yes to. Spiritually have you agreed with satan? Break it! Have you over committed your time? How can you skimp back? Let's all stop judging each other for saying no to the things of the world, and start clebrating saying yes to the lasting things of the Lord!
preach it sista!
ReplyDelete