However, today, the warmth in my heart sparked something too precious to overlook.
That moment when your kid has fully enjoyed an experience that he forgets its not that cool to hold his moms hand at 7&1/2 years of age and excitedly tells every detail of the fantastic afternoon he had. It flashes you back to the three year old boy who barely could reach your hand.
While I fully, FULLY, love this ages I cherish the hiccup in time that provides me with the fresh reminder of what they were. The days when picking them up from church and them charging at me full speed are no more.
So when that hand that's not so tiny anymore crept into mine this afternoon my heart skipped a beat. And I dared not say too much for fear I'd shatter the moment in time.
Kade when you are old enough I hope you read through these words and know this memory will forever be deeply engraved in my heart. When you are graduating, marrying, 60 years old I will remember today. The details may fade (like how you are building a time machine in time travel camp and you are being called Henry Jones like Indiana because that's your latest favorite despite not seeing the movies yet) but the feel of that hand. The warmth of the day. How my heart stopped and my souls sighed with joy and contentment I will never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment