Thursday, July 18, 2013

TRUTH

Our church takes a break in the summer from our regular scheduled program on Wednesday nights. We have one night a month instead. Last night was Chad's fav of the guest speakers the church brings in. 

As I was preparing to get dressed it was one of those times I was so eager to worship so I knew I needed to dress to jump (I am one of those mover and shaker kind of worshipers). 

Indeed Gods presence was thick and glorious. I was fanning myself to cool down by like song 2. The speaker got up and spoke some practical truths then we practiced encountering The Lord simply by asking. Some people experienced peace, others got pictures, others heard whispers. God loves talking to his people!

Prayer time was opened up. I love sitting and watching alter call. Watching the team called to minister in this way and walk in their gifting is a blessing. Seeing burdensome people turn after prayer physically beaming and lighter never gets old. Near the end I went down for prayer. I'm dealing with some things but just really wanted to be loved on by a few of the women. They prayed and spoke some truth in me that confirmed just about word for word what The Lord and I have been dealing with in the quiet places of my heart. 

That should have had me jumping for joy! Sheesh the creator of the universe loves me enough to tell me heart to heart and THEN use someone else to repeat it. 

The truth is, that sneaky garbage eating lie face satan snuck in and started whispering shame and embarrassment. 

What a punk. Seconds after getting in the car and speaking out loud the REAL truth (psalm 46:5 is the IT verse for me lately) I get a text expressing the same thing from a friend that went down for prayer. We encouraged each other to not follow the lie faces tactics. 

Want to guess what I woke up thinking about. Yep. The embarrassment and silliness. 

Satan it real. He hates how much God loves his children. And if I opened that door to live in that place he wouldn't just rob me last night. He would start generating all the more junk. So I say no. I stand on the real truth:

God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day!

My world isn't all rainbows and lollipops, the reality is it is a war zone but when I look to Him I remember I'm a victor because he declared the winner. Praise the righteous one for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment