Thursday, December 19, 2013

Unexpected gift

Isn't it so much easier to receive a gift when you've come prepared with something in exchange? Even better if there has been a set amount that everyone is to adhere to. 

Because we feel we are only worthy of a gift if it's fairsies. 

I got a pair of earrings I've been eyeing today from a friend. Unexpected. I've never given her anything. And like a ninny I just fumbled over words. I should've jumped up and down and hugged her. 

You know I have to compare this to the gift we got a few years ago in a manger. I want to earn my cross. I want to gift back   But how can I do anything to make it an even playing field???

I can't. 

I have 2 choices: receive or reject. 

And because I can't live without my friends, my community, my savior all I can do is receive. 

I am relieved. Amazed. The unexpected gift is breathtaking. It leaves me wondering why? And feeling treasured (yes even in earrings). 

#grateful


No comments:

Post a Comment