Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Chomp chomp

I've been known to have a rebellious streak in me. (Haven't we all tho!?) One area I battle this in is food. I have been blessed with a strong body that handles just about any adventure I've thrown at it. The negative is that I have to watch carefully what I eat. I LIKE to eat. I come from people that LIKE to eat. I like big portions. 

I used to eat whatever. I wasn't picky. But as I've matured in respecting the temple JC gave me, I'm learning to not eat it if I don't like it. 

Actually, I call myself a recovering food slut. 

A few years ago I decided -healthy or not- celery was not somethnig I enjoyed. I stopped gagging it down for its "negative calories."

Last week, as I pouted about gaining some weight (a consequence to my poor stewardship), I ordered chicken fried steak out of pure rebellion. About two bites in I realized I don't even like chicken fried steak! That's when the Lord prompted me to make a list of foods I could joyfully never eat again. Not to label them "bad" but rather to be honest with myself. 

For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Romans 7:15

So celery, chicken fried steak, ham, and cheesecake have made the list. I feel free... Like the rebellion has lost so much alluring appeal. And I am grateful!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I am not the only one who never "matured" unto liking celery. I decided at Christmas I would!d not force myself to eat it anymore

    ReplyDelete