Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Alaska

I'm trying to decide how to start. What to start with. How to make it sound just right to reflect my heart. But each day I feel like something new is unraveled. In one minute I'm thinking we didn't do much and the next I am praying for Ricca, Sophie, Esther....

Like with our boys, I don't feel like I offered Alaska much. I feel more like I am the beneficiary.

This isn't some attempt at false humility. This isn't a scam for compliments. 
I truly can't see what can be planted in just talking and playing with kids. 

But there is good news I keep remembering... JC can make a mountain out of a molehill. So the pressure is off. 

I know that this trip highlighted my hiccup in identity-the wrong belief that if I'm not physically doing something, nothing is accomplished. 

A fresh reminder of my bazillion blessings was heaped over me. 

I had the best tap water EVER.  

How is it that kids that don't really even have clothes that fit can manage the best hugs in the universe?!?

Salmon berries. 

I was relieved to serve with people that had a sense of humor and a hard work ethic. 

Watching my 9 year old gently lead preK kids was one of those parent moments you snap a mental picture and treasure... Forever. 

And that's where I'm at today. Choppy thoughts Father God is still weaving together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment