Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Master

A major change in the house was a master bathroom remodel. Unfortunately what triggered this to happen was a sewer backup. (it also meant we had to replace the carpet we had just replaced TWO MONTHS prior) We have been talking about giving it a professional update and had plans to move toward that this next year, but not enough bleach could get us over it. And if you remember, I love projects and demo. Thankfully a friend had time to jump in and contract it for us.

Because of some hiccups and others dragging their feet, the process was grueling. Chad and I moved into JD's room, the boys bunked up.  It was the end of the school year, you know the time when everyone wants change and it reveals itself in needing ones own space and annoyed with those around you. Perfect time to close in our quarters. At first it was kind of fun, but as the weeks turned into months it wasn't anymore. 

3 days before we left for Alaska, where we would be all sharing ONE room for TWO weeks, Chad and I got our space back.  Did I say grueling already???

As we all know, time will wipe away "grueling" and you just see beauty.  And so it is with our master bathroom.  My favorite is the closet.  Jesus and I designed it together. We went from having three drawers from a dresser in the bathroom to an abundance of storage.  I can keep towels AND razors AND nail polish AND AND AND!!! glorious!

Oh, did I mention I gave our bedroom a face lift?? (because why not make it even crazier!) Ridding a chair that since bought didn't flow in our bedroom no matter how hard I tried.  And I got my beloved stripes (they were tried out first in the bathroom but I didn't love them in there).  Now I feel like some fancy pants girl in our updated space. Lots of pictures! (and grace for a few of them I didn't want to get up and go snap a new pic of one with the tv hanging in the large frame in bedroom. also, before pictures come first followed by the new and improved)






 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment