Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Be some bodies someone

My mom, in all of her junk, taught me to pay attention and be thoughtful. Now her random thoughtfulness was pretty weird, she was the worst gift giver (no seriously), but her heart was gold and she was often too giddy to not slip "I've got something in the mail for u" or "did you get it yet?" unveiling her surprise (I also got that from her. Chad literally waits to shop for me a few days before so I won't beg for an early open). 

Outside of my mom, receiving random gifts isn't something I get all that often. But man, when I do it makes me feel insane special (my love language is gifts-it doesn't matter if it cost a lot or nothing)! 

Just typing this I am thinking of the care package sent when mom died, the nail file that I liked of a friends landing in my hands, the attentive friend giving me earrings I liked last year, the magazine and goodies just because...

So today, when the mail brought a random package from another Hoes, I was excited and curious. It was a simple card. But oh goodness I teared up! Intentional or not, it had this motherly touch that I didn't realize I needed. 

Because moms think about their kids on a random Monday passing something cute. 

And that's where I encourage you. Today a simple act of encouragement, a splurge in your budget, a spontaneous text, could satisfy someone's heart in deep ways. It could make them feel light and liked. We have influence,use it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment