Friday, November 14, 2014

HIS GIRLS

If you've followed my blog over the years, you have pieced together that my heart was wounded and hard. All things feminine brought me anxiety and shame so I denied my God designed femininity to function. But what happens when we attempt functioning out of our design? Failure. (I thought about making that a softer blow, but meh)...

And now, fast forwarded (Gosh I love fast forward when you are out of the hard work lol!), I am sensitive. I cry when I need to. I love red lipstick. I am unveiling beauty after beauty in the differences in HIS GIRLS. Where I used to judge and look for those that only duplicated who I was, I love the diversity. I am walking in my design. I would like to say its charming and sweet- and it is- but it also means I am a emotional mess (I am listening to Joyce Meyers book "Living Beyond Your Feelings" for the THIRD time since September- recommend it). Remember, Chad didn't marry a sensitive tender girl.  He married a TOUGH girl (who was dying on the inside), so you can imagine the adjusting happening in our home!

Well, that was all a preface.... Lengthy, because ya know, I am a girl and now have 9.24 million words to use in a day....

4-5 years ago, I decided I was going to stop the freak out "I dont have anything to wear" moments and PLAN my outfits. You know girls (and boys that live with girls) that moment where you hate EVERYTHING in your closet and then decide you are fat and everyone hates you? I won't even begin to believe that that is JUST ME.

I researched body types. I studied patterns. I asked the Lord to bless my shopping trips. I grew confidence. And now I just wear whatever the heck I want.

It could end there. That is a gift. But see, my Father, He doesn't waste what we sew. And while we think the harvest has come to completion God says, nope, I say when its all picked. (bare with me people, I am no farmer. I don't even know one).

Now, He keeps placing woman in my life whose hearts are being awaken to femininity, and want their outer to reflect what He is doing in the inner. We chat, we dream, we clean out closets, we shop, we lunch. And it is so stinkin fun!!! I keep thinking "Lord how is this blessing others? It is just clothes??" But slowly He has started showing me the way the girls beam when they feel as beautiful as He sees them. How He is crazy about HIS GIRLS! And how He is using me to give them a taste of His doting via earthly terms. Because He is just that good- making materialism into Kingdom business...

It takes my breath away.


No comments:

Post a Comment