Sunday, November 16, 2014
When a moment freezes
This morning I saw one of the many social media articles about adoption, this one in particular was about pictures of adoptive families uniting and it got me thinking....
About a cold night in the middle of Hamilton county, on some random country road, Chad and I walked through a strangers door...
About a little boy we had seen only seen in a blurry picture reaching to be held by the man God had chosen to be his daddy...
About the momma bear deep inside of me that God awoke out of hibernation, and suddenly I knew I could lift a car out of sheer love...
We don't have a picture documenting that quiet Friday on December 7, 2007.
We don't have a picture reflecting Chad and I acting like idiots on the drive home about meeting our boys.
What we have, is this insane personal moment that no one will rob, taint with comments, or overshadow.
It is a moment in time I can go back to. And remember everything. And time freezes.
It is the moment my mothering heart went from my desire in my heart, to reality.
And its all mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment