Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014

I've never in my life survived a year with the backbone being the Lords community. Ever. 

2014 was the year I realized to survive, at times, meant asking for support and just crawling up on father Gods lap and letting others carry the burden(or blessing!)of prayer and worship. 

Any other time in my life pride would have stepped in the way of such requests. Not in 2014. This year I broke. All of me. And I got so lost in the pieces I couldn't figure out what was where. 

But God knew. 

And He sent his people to put me back together. 

He gave me the name of a friend to text in the middle of a panic attack at HEB. He gave me courage to express my needs. He sent the right girl at the right time to say "get your big girl panties on and do this". He gave me safe spots to cuss like a sailor and turn around and praise Jesus. 

It's like God decided that 2014 was the year he would show me that all though I manage things fine alone, I don't have to. Because before this year, that was the only option I thought I had. 

So it's a heartfelt, grateful, bird I flip to 2014. May this never be my Groundhog Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment