Well, we are here. We are settled. Adventure April led to project May. And now its enjoy it June. We had a major hold-your-breath-and-pray-like-crazy few weeks with our old home. It was complicated. It wasn't fun. But Jesus directed and prevails!
The first few days I would take the dogs for a walk and in the fresh spring air my spirit would nearly erupt with gratitude! The Lord's kisses just kept coming and my love for this chosen spot kept{keeps}increasing. The peace I feel in this home, the calm. The light that breaks through every corner in this bright airy open home... Even in the mess of a dog running away during a terrible storm and being gone for 40 hours, or the kids acting their age, or our integrity being questioned.... God went before us. He chose this place as our dwelling place and I sense it in the way this home feels still and secure in the joy and the turmoil. All of this BEFORE I even speak on the beauty of the home!
I can't count the number of times we have said to each other "can you believe this is ours!?"
As if that weren't enough-- I got to do projects! The Lord held some much needed updates for ME to put MY stamp on this home! I really did pace myself but according to others my pace is spazo fast (I still think efficiency should be added to the list of spiritual gifts!). So in May, I overhauled the Laundry room, master bath, and kitchen. Chad Hoes is my electrician, caulk pro, and countertop maker. My dad came and we worked together putting up backsplash (that was fun dad!). The rest was mostly paint, nails, and loud music.
The husband requested a break from projects. I am enjoying that request-for now. I have plans for the next project--think nautical stripes- and am hoping husband will need to take a work trip so I can crank it out (its what we do!).
I am so grateful the Lord probed me to blog this JOY series and document the wild ride. More so, despite my determined ideas, I am grateful HE pursues and dreams BIG for me when I can't seem to do it for myself.
He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. Psalm 18:19
No comments:
Post a Comment