Monday, August 7, 2017

Perspective

If my life were up to me, it would be one exciting thing after another. My life would be one giant social media post (I married a man that could literally eat the same thing every day of his life. Never doubt God has a sense of humor)...Doing the same thing every day is like slowly poisoning my spirit.

But this thing called "adulting" requires monotonous behavior. Kids have schedules, my humans expect to be fed daily (this one gets REALLY old). My legs will need to be shaved every day, I'll workout every day, brush teeth... every day I'll be asked by Jesus to release hurts and offense and turn to him. And honestly, some of these are easy. I have a choice if I do these things. I'm called though. I'm called to be a good steward with what I have (the leg shavings for me-because I can't sleep otherwise). Cooking a meal blesses my family. Brushing my teeth takes care of what God gave me-and allows me to eat said meal...

I've decided things are only amazing if you make them amazing. Last week we took a trip for Chad's work. It was at a simple lodge. But I decided it would just be amazing! I talked to kind ladies that know how to serve others and laugh. I hiked. I delighted in seeing beavers for the first time. I drank coffee and read a book. And it was good....

The Lord can be found in the simple and the simple can be profound.  

Just changing the position of our hearts can change an experience.  

That's my hearts cry daily. Not every day will be a dolphin watching moment in Hawaii. The quiet lonely times in my home as I serve my family in ways they may never even know happen-I can find contentment in, because Jesus isn't boring. He has new ideas to present while I go on doing the boring. He takes me on adventures WHEN I SURRENDER AND LOOK FOR HIM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment