Today I come to you as a discouraged mother. We are on week 3 or 4 of potty training and frankly it is so disheartening. I would venture to say Kade is at about 70% success rate on the pee. But poopoo is a completely different story. I don't even know if he knows where it's coming from.
I'm having trouble distinguishing if this is just a hiccup or signs that the kids just isn't ready. The pressure for our youngest to potty train at 3 and 1/2 has been minimal, however to move forward in his class at school he needs to be potty trained by the fall. That may seem like a good ways away, but I see it approaching rapidly as I throw yet another unsavable pair of spiderman undies in the dump.
This is not just a vent session- I would love a pep talk, suggestions, etc.
I know nothing about potty training, but I think the title is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteWell, I kind of already gave you my input, but here it is for the record. Don't give up! Stay the course. Even if he has accidents each day, to me, it's better than a complete reverse reaction. Do you really want to start the process all over again. If he's 70% there, then, girl, he's there! Don't let him win. Of course he wants to quit, he wants you to quit. Who wouldn't want to poop and tee-tee on themselves and then have someone else (who loves you unconditionally) clean it up! Just stay the course, girl, stay the course! You can do it. He's almost there. Don't give up...
ReplyDeleteOk, there's your pep talk! That wore me out.
Don't worry, I felt this way many times with my girls. Believe me, I think potty training is the hardest part of parenting thus far. I'll be there again, with Everly and I'll need you to say these words to me. Just save it and forward it to me so that I can barf on my own words.
Do you have a singing toilet for him to use? I tried to buy one the other day for Michael but Aimee told me we would not need that for a couple years. I told her I had planned on starting potty trainging at 6 months and she reminded me he would not be able to walk at 6 months.
ReplyDeleteOn a more serious note, don't give up! he will figure it out soon! Plus once he gets it you will be able to give me pointers when it is our turn.
Yes, don't give up!! My niece took a while to get it...she would scream every time she needed to go. It was like she was losing a body part or something (it was hard not to laugh). But she eventually got it. They just have a difficult time knowing what is going on. Don't worry, he will get it!!
ReplyDelete