Thursday, January 22, 2009

This requires responsible readers.

Okay, for anyone who has been around kids you will know that they sometimes don't know when to sleep and when to wake up. Our kids like to get up in the 6:00 a.m. hour and we'd like it to be more like 7:00. SO my question for you reader is this: Is the below product worth the price? I mean we're talking close to $100 for each of the boys to have one.

http://www.goodnitelite.com/index.php?page=product

8 comments:

  1. I think this sounds amazing! I would so get one. On the other hand, I've read (and this may be a cheaper solution to try first) to get a radio alarm clock and set it for 7 and tell the boys they need to stay in bed until the music starts playing. just my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my only fear is what if by chance- big chance I know- they sleep past 7 but the alarm wakes them up???

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what I worry about with that solution. The good nite lite would be superior for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think in one hand it's a great concept, but I agree that it could back fire. I wonder if you can buy them locally. Maybe kids' village??? That would eliminate shipping. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one for Truett, and it's great. It takes a while before their internal clock is reset, and Truett has slept past the "alarm" many times. It's not that bright of a light to wake him up. It also eliminates some of our bedtime battles. When the moon comes on, it's time for bed, no arguing with the moon!
    Abbye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! We are getting one but only for Kade as he has the most trouble with waking up the entire family! We think JD is ready to learn to read the time on a clock so we will be making these transitions soon! Thanks Abbye for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. no way this would works on ours kids... now way...

    ReplyDelete